Uncontrolled and misuse of fire can cause tremendous adverse impacts on the environment and the human society. Forest fire is a major cause of degradation of India’s forests. Some common causes of fire in the houses are kitchen stoves, electric blankets, faulty wiring, clothes dryers, lighting, LPG, candles, crackers, flammable liquids etc. The potential for fire is present in any workplace. But, if you’re aware of the causes and conditions, if you’re prepared, and if you think before you act, the risk of a workplace fire and its damaging effects – on you, your co-workers or your company – can be minimized.
Fire extinguishers are a critical component of saving property and lives in the case of a fire emergency. Ensure that fire protection equipment (i. e. , sprinklers, smoke/heat detectors, alarms, fire hoses, fire extinguishers, and fire blankets) are maintained, available for use, and not impaired or concealed. Make sure fire extinguishers correspond to the potential risk. Know where they’re located and how to use them. Good housekeeping practices and fire fighting training are the crucial to fire prevention. Ultimately it is the extra economic burden on the society.